I Model Management
November 2007 – Present – Toronto, Ontario and Calgary, Alberta
- Introduce new faces for development for both local and international markets.
- Coordinate with models and agencies on bookings.
- Represent the agency at various charity/modeling events and attend scouting events.
Social Media, Sales, and Marketing
November 2011 – May 2012 – Toronto, Ontario
- Coordinated social media marketing.
- Provided copy writing and editing, including media kits, marketing material, website content, press releases, blogging and social media updates.
- Conducted cold calls for new business opportunities.
- Maintained and updated a network of client contacts.
Managing Editor and Advertising Director
November 2007 – February 2011 – Calgary, Alberta
- Planned and coordinated with contributors and Editors-at-Large on content for monthly production of the magazine.
- Managed the transition of OUTLOOKS Magazine from a newsprint tabloid to a full glossy publication, and development of national distribution in all major city markets across Canada.
- Developed, implemented, and managed advertising strategies to promote sales growth and ensure client satisfaction.
- Provided illustration work and feedback on layout design.
- Coordinated promotional events across Canada, including on-site direction at the Calgary, Vancouver, and Toronto Pride Festivals.
- Provided still photography and reporting for red carpet events, including the
- Tony Awards, OneXOne Gala, and GLAAD Media Awards.
- Coordinated and managed co-branding events with companies, including Alliance Films and First Media Inc.
- Coordinated with various publicists to produce high-profile celebrity interviews with Lady Gaga, Adam Lambert, Dolly Parton, Kathy Griffin, RuPaul, Chely Wright, Nelly Furtado and more.
- Secured and managed advertising accounts with major national clients including Air Canada Vacations, Fitness Depot, WestJet, and TD Canada Trust.
- Produced 34+ consecutive monthly issues of OUTLOOKS Magazine.
Family Support Worker
Calgary Home Support Services
October 2006 – January 2008 – Calgary, Alberta
- Interacted with a variety of troubled youths, and persons with developmental disabilities, using techniques to assist clients in adjusting to societal norms and improvement of behaviour.
- Observed and transcribed interactions between biological parents and their children in foster care during court ordered visits.
- Built trust and understanding with clients to facilitate socialization through successful application of training in Psychology.
September 2006 – October 2007 – Calgary, Alberta
- Introduced new faces for development for both local and international markets.
Senior Level Key Holder, Manager on Duty, and Camera & Hardware Department Manager
October 1998 – December 2005 – Calgary, Alberta
- Gained valuable customer service skills through over eight years of loyal service to the company.
- Gained significant knowledge of film development, still photography, equipment, and techniques.
- Contributed to the success of the Chinook location with $1.5 million yearly sales and the rank of top photofinishing lab in Alberta.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Psychology
2001 – 2005
Mount Royal University
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), General Studies
1997 – 2001